Housing Stability Services
Description of Service
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) has funds available for administration through the Aging Division (AGD) for Housing Stability Services, all aimed at helping people stay in their homes for longer. As part of the American Rescue Plan Act of March 2021, support will be provided to qualifying seniors and individuals with disabilities.
The menu of services provided are:
- Home Modifications (to enable ‘aging in place’ or community-based living, for longer) up to $5,000 per client per grant period
- Trailer/Mobile Home Repairs (so long as you rent the lot) up to $5,000 per client per grant period
- Homemaking Services (Homemaking, Chores, Cleaning)
- Personal Care – Skilled Nursing Services (RN, LPN, and CNA)
- Non-Medical Transportation for Wheelchair & Non-Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (Single Trips only)
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) either Cellular or Landline
- Information Technology Hardware (up to $400 for a device that has video conferencing and audio recording ability to facilitate Telehealth)
- Information Technology Hardware – Quarterly Monitoring (for device support and general assistance over time as an accompaniment to the Hardware delivered to you)
- Independent Living Skills (Life Coaching & Money Management)
- Hoarding Services (Cleaning that is different from homemaking up to $5,000 per client per grant period & Mental Health Counseling for Hoarding Only)
Aspire provides Independent Living Skills with a focus on Life Coaching and Money Management. The person-centered planning process works with you and other important people in your life to create a map of a strategic life planning and goal setting. Once the plan is developed, your team will work with you to meet your goals and increase your success in staying in your home.